Welcome to Victims of Mochi!

Here, we try to write funny, unique stories and tales that audiences of all ages can relate too! Please share this with your friends, or 1+ it if you like it! The more views we get, the more we'll write! :D

We would REALLY appreciate comments! :D So be sure to!

You might be wondering... what is mochi? For those deprived people who don't know what MOCHI is, it is a sweet round chewy asian dessert made from glutinous rice flour. However, there is another definition of mochi. The shoemakers of Asia are also called Mochi! So we are victims of both the food, and the shoemakers :)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book Invasion: Part 2

Part 2:
I leaped into the library and started slashing up every book in sight. (Oh, I forgot to explain. My mother bought me a Korean sword crafted by one of the most talented Korean sword makers in the world. It starts off as a metal cuff on your arm, but when activated, the blade rushes out, giving the effect of a blade connected to my arm.) Hearing the chaos, the librarian (a senior nicknamed Gummi) came hustling into my aisle to check on the havoc I was creating. I tentatively studied her initial reaction. Her grotesque dog-like face scrunched up like a spider curling after death, and her jaw rocketed downwards as if anchored by a boulder.. She shrieked and jolted the opposite direction. I was placidly surprised. I had been expecting her to storm up to me, snatch the blade off my hand, and lecture me for hours, like she had done soo many times before. This left a strange thought in me head: Why didn’t she? Yet again, my high-IQ kicked in. A second too late. I struggled to fight the hairy green arms grabbing at me. In that intense moment, I wriggled free and sprinted towards the door. The deformed book thing with it’s green arms chased me until we were in the ISA’s recreation center.
Mike and Macy plus a few other people were playing volleyball. Until I entered the room. A huge pool was on the other side of the room. It was either run towards Mike and Macy, or the pool. I chose the pool. Hopefully the book monster couldn’t swim. I leapt in and the frigid water wrapped around me, and the book monster followed. Mike and Macy looked surprised. (I didn’t see it, but Macy told me later that the moment it touched the water, it transformed into a huge maple/oak/fir tree and there appeared Gummi, floundering in the water beside me. It was a bad moment, but the Director walked in and freaked.
“Why would you plant a mapokfir tree in our pool and how can you take a vacation and swim when books are attempting to take over the world? Get going!” he shrieked. Everybody was stunned, and didn’t know what to do. After an awkward five minute pause, I raced out the door. Then I called Bob. (yeah I know its the most common name authors use in stories, but his name was seriously, Bob.) and asked where the biggest body of water was. Phooey, I should know that. Embarrassed, I leaped in my ISA buggy started to drive towards the Pacific Ocean. Luckily, headquarters were in Los Angeles, and I soon arrived at the beach.
.Now there is one thing that I’ve forgotten to mention. All skrulls have a weakness. And we had just discovered the book monsters weakness. (Now you know why no drinks are allowed in the average public library). This was my plan: Lure all the Skrull/book monsters to the ocean, and somehow get them into the water. What to do next would be decided later.
Now complete with my perfect plan, I reached the sandy shore of Mandymoore. However, one question agitated my mind.  How was I to lure the books into the water? Then I had the perfect idea. Impersonation.
I’ve studied many languages, most of them unknown lost languages. Although I had not studied Bookmonsterish in depth before, because I hadn’t ever heard of them before I knew someone who probably had.   The wimpy highest IQ dude. I hated him. (His name we’ll say is Mark, for security reasons.) But there was probably no other person who knew the dialect. Depressed, I phoned him with my super-low tech looking, high-tech phone. (My friends call it a flippie phone. I call it the Filipino phone, since it was manufactured in the Philippines.)  Mark instantly picked up.
“Yes Mommy?” he whined, “What is it now? do I have to go my Future Of Computer Technology Conference today? Why do they make me go to such easy things? Mommy?” I heard “Don't Say Goodbye” by Davichi in the backround. Boy, he WAS such a wimp.
“Uh..” I mumbled, “This is... Gim.”
“Oh, Gim, nice to talk to you! Are you ready to accept my marriage proposal?” he begged cheerfully.
“No! I told you I’d never ever marry you. Aren’t you supposed to have the highest IQ in the world? Can’t you understand NO?” I yelled angrily.
“Calm down,” he placidly advised.
Then I sheepishly remembered the real reason that I had called him.
“Hey, do you know Bookmonsterish?” I queried.
“D’oh. I don’t have the highest IQ-” he started to answer, but I cut him off.
“Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard it all. I need your help-” and then he cut me off.
“Well, I’m certainly not going to help a rude independent midget,” he interrupted.
“I’m sorry,” I apologized, not really contrite.
“That doesn’t work,” he scoffed.
“I possibly MIGHT accept your facebook request--if you help me?” I blurted out, afraid the books would take over the world if he didn’t help  me soon.
“How about bringing me out to dinner” he teased.
Angry at his ignorance, I lost my temper. “THE WORD IS GOING TO END IF YOU DON’T HELP!!!” I tried to ignore the fact that the Director would be furious at me for giving out high-class mission info
“You could have told me earlier,” he smirked. “What do you need?”
Almost consumed by my own stupidity, I explained my plan. “We need to create a false advertisement of a Bookmonster meeting because the Bookmonsters are trying to take over. I need you to write a speech to lure the books to the Mandymooreshore, and then send it to the President for an urgent announcement. I can take care of the rest.”
“This is why they have e-books,” he sneered.
I speedily added “Mark” on Facebook using my super awesome flippie-phone, while he wrote the advertisement speech. Once he was done, I snatched it and flew off without bothering to make appointments for dinner. Obama picked up the phone almost immediately (he is like best friends with my pet cat), but to ensure that the president will not be sueing me, I will NOT include our conversation. But I can hint that he was... busy.... However, in a few minutes, Obama met up with me.  I took him to the ISA’s recording studio, told him to just read what it sounded like, and he did! He even threw in a bit of an alien accent! Soon the advertisement was broadcasted across the globe by ISA’s global broadcasting employees, or GBEs. (Our ISA security team has managed to delete all traces of this broadcast, so unfortunately you can’t find it on youtube anymore....or can you xP) Mike and Macy, with their unique artsy skills, crafted the beach to look like a conference room.. for books. This is called a library, for all you normal civilians who cannot think for yourselves. How they managed to perfect the library in such a short time, I do not know. Well, I do know, but I’m not allowed to tell you. Lets just say that they had backup :)
Soon, I heard the faint rustling of pages flying through the wind. It grew louder and louder, until it was almost as if it were a hurrcane. I knew they had arrived. I hastily crammed into my unconfortable book disguise. They entered in a mob, cramming themselves onto the bookshelves Mike and Macy had so kindly provided.. I was shocked: Some of them were HUGE, like the size of a small giant. (yeah, I have limited imagination). Others, were tiny pocket dictionaries. I seriously saw Mozart’s Diary. Anyways, back to the story. As they piled in, none of them suspected me to be an intruder. I guess my emourmous encyclopedia costume was paying off. It was almost 5:00.
The plan was working perfectly, until the bookshelves started to get crowded. There was no more space left for a few bookmonsters, who were now complaining on having to bellyflop on the floor. This was not going according to plan. We would have to resort to plan B. I snuck out as quietly and quickly as I could. Then, the library... collapsed, into the sea. The beach never did look the same again, with a huge forest covering it.
From that day, I’ve had a different perspective of books. Books don’t come from trees. Trees come from books. :)

-The End

No comments:

Post a Comment